Friday, September 26, 2008

32 Week Ultrasound/Check-up

We had a really great doctor's appointment yesterday. I left there feeling very good about things. It seems that other than the diabetes, the baby and I are very healthy.
The doctor did a growth ultrasound and all of the baby's measurements are right where they should be. She weighs approximately 4 lbs. now, and should gain about a half pound a week from here on out. Meanwhile, I have only gained 1 lb. in the last two weeks - which brings my total to 23 lbs overall. I think that's really good and the doctor agrees.
My fundal height is measuring at the correct week as well (fundal height: the distance from your pubic bone to the top of your uterus.) During the ultrasound, the doctor also checked my amniotic fluid levels and mine were perfect.
My blood sugar levels are so much better and we haven't changed my insulin dosages (with the exception of a newly added lunch-time dose that we're still working out) in several weeks. The doctor is very pleased with that as well! :)
My blood pressure has been perfect all along and I have had very little swelling in my ankles and feet (or anywhere else).
I asked the doctor about checking on the sex of the baby one more time for my peace of mind, and she gave it a try, but the baby is so big and squished up at this stage of the game that we couldn't see anything. (Which is also the reason why I have no ultrasound pictures to post this time.)

We go to the high-risk doctors at Riverside at the end of October for one last growth ultrasound. They'll make a determination then on when they'll induce me. My doctor said for sure that they wouldn't let me go past 39 weeks. It seems that this baby will be born sometime between 11/2 - 11/16. (sorry - it's too late to change your bets)
My doctor also said that the baby's growth so far makes it look like a vaginal delivery will be possible. So - - more good news!

All of that being said, Dan and I really need to get to work on the nursery. The baby will be here before we know it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I like to hear good news!!!