Thursday, July 3, 2008

90%

I just returned back to the office after our 20 week appointment and ultrasound.

First things, first - - the baby is measuring correctly for 20 weeks and seems to be normal and healthy. :)

Our doctor took tons of ultrasound pictures and probably looked around for a good 15 or 20 minutes.

She kept going back to see if the baby would open it's legs for us and let us see what it is. The baby never did fully cooperate, but my doctor said she is 90% sure, based on a couple of different things, that the baby is a girl!!!

Last time I checked the baby pool, it looked like you all were about 50/50 that is was a girl (which only makes sense, I suppose.)

My doctor said that my placenta is a little lower than where it should be. She wasn't overly concerned, but would like to take another look in 2 months. So, I'll be having another ultrasound on August 28th. The doctor should be able to confirm the sex then.

My next appointment is July 31st - - 24 weeks. I'll be doing my 1 hour glucose test at this appointment. This is the test that checks for gestational diabetes. They're doing the glucose test a little earlier than they normally do, because my urine tests have had consistently high sugar levels every month, plus my mom is diabetic. Wish me luck for this test!

Dan took some pictures of my belly last week, but I've been hesitant to post them here. I'm a little self-conscious about the way I look in them - - in other words, I LOOK HUGE! Even though I've only gained 11 lbs so far, I think I look 9 months pregnant in the pictures. Maybe I'll post them, maybe I won't.

I have been feeling the baby move A LOT. It is a very unusual, yet cool, feeling.

I should probably get back to work now. Lots to do!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! I am right so far! one point for kate. And you look freaking cute. I should know, I am at your house right now! (that sounds creepy, but I am really visiting!)

Brandy said...

YAY! Congratulations. So excited ...a Girl! I'm glad things are well. Miss you dearly. Post those belly pics woman! You're beautiful!

Unknown said...

So when is Danny going to start writing something????

Anonymous said...

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!! Your fans are waiting ; )