Saturday, August 2, 2008

Update on my Gestational Diabetes test

Well, long story short, I failed the test with record results. My doctor called me Friday morning and told me to go to the hospital and they would be expecting me.
Not only do I have Gestational Diabetes, but they are fairly certain I was diabetic prior to pregnancy.
I'm currently sitting in my room on the high risk pregnancy floor at Riverside Methodist Hospital. They are trying to get my blood sugar levels under control and figure out a good game plan for when they send me home. (Looks like that will be on Monday.)
The great news is that the baby is handling all this very well so far. We just need that to continue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwww.. well keep strong, baby!!! if you need anything, I'm only a hop skip and a jump away!

Brandy said...

Corrie, I had no idea. I hope you and the baby are doing well. I'll be thinking of you!!

Anonymous said...

I DEMAND A NEW BLOG! look at me, bossing around a pregnant woman!